Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lying very still

I claimed in my last post that I cheated death. This turned out to be premature. The following five days were spent groaning, wailing, crying and blowing my nose, over and over again. I called the priest five times, five times he went away disappointed. At last my body is recovering but my holiday was ruined. So I am cancelling my second week of idling and drawing comics that you won't see until week commencing June 9th! Then, when you are absolutely unaware of it I will take a week off and you won't know about it until you hear that my body has been pulled out of the East River, full of gin and barbiturates.

I note with interest that the best show of recent years, Mad Men, is almost out on DVD, so here is the link if you haven't seen it. A must for anyone who likes pleasing their eyes and their mind.

I think my Book 6 books are off the presses now and almost on the boat, so pre-order with postcards will commence this week. I have drawn 340 of 400 so far, it has been the most interminable task of my entire career. And I don't use the word "interminable" lightly.

I finish this entry with some designs I made for personal bathchairs when I was at a low ebb. The observant among you will see diagrams of "what Formula One drivers might look like".

7 comments:

mordicai said...

I don't know how you watched Mad Men, but if you watched it on tv & there was a "trivia" commercial that tricked you as you tried to fast-forward your tivo past it, well...that was my friend's doing!

John A said...

It was on BBC4 - so no commercials!

Jon said...

I like that even at such a low moment of health, your drawn self is a cheery fellow!

K said...

Sorry you've been ill. My immune system also likes to keep illness at bay until I have some free time, and then unleash it with yells of encouragement.

So I sympathise. Hope recovery proceeds apace.

Anonymous said...

I do hope you get well soon. I swear by hot toddies and hot baths, but I suppose that not all people think the intake of alcohol during illness is particularly beneficial. :)

Karina said...

Hope you feel better, I too have the amazing talent to fall ill in the most inopportune times. Just drink a lot of water and juice.

Fddd said...

I think your renditions of Adrian Sutil and Takuma Sato are no less than amazing! It must be cool to be sick, draw and watch the Monaco GP at the same time