Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Reverse Mohawk Party

Peter Gabriel's first four solo albums are my favourite album covers. I don't own any of these records (or spend a lot of time thinking about Peter Gabriel to be honest!), but the covers make me want to buy them. I am thinking of hunting for them on vinyl so I can hang them on the wall. Visiting plumbers will fear for my mental health -- but LET THEM.



But which is best? Damp face, fingernails, melty mush or alien overlord? There's only one way to find out...

...FIGHT!

10 comments:

Carly Monardo said...

Uhm, duh.

Dharmabum said...

What has not been previously revealed is that the last Peter Gabriel cover is, in fact, a real alien photograph, leaked by NASA, through Peter Gabriel, and vaguely (vaguely, as in not at all), mentioned by astronaut Edgar Mitchell, that aliens are real. Which leads to the question of whether Peter Gabriel is an alien - hence his use of masks on stage early in his career.

Roman said...

Uh, Peter Gabriel III (melty face) has the best music, but the last one with the grainy surveillance footage probably has the coolest cover.

Marlo said...

I vote that you, John, reenact the one that Carly posted, photograph it and hang that up. please

Unknown said...

Consider Marlo Meekins' proposal seconded!

Rod McBan said...

Melty face! Melty face!

fingle said...

Speaking as an old guy, the music is better than the covers, but those are great covers!

Usby said...

PG1 (car) - Overblown and brilliant
PG2 (scratch) - incredibly depressing
PG3 (melt) - no cymbals!
PG4 (security) - also available in German!

John A said...

I've bought all four of these on vinyl now, so I hope for some kind of supernatural confluence when they arrive from various eBay sellers. Like when the lockmaster and gatekeeper meet at Zuul.

John A said...

Simon, Peter Gabriel 2 isn't depressing, it's FANTASTIC! I do scissor kicks around the house to it all day now!!

ON THE AIR
ON THE AIIIIRR

DIY DIY

SCRATCHY FACEEEEE