Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blog disrepair

Blog readers! If you are wondering where I am, I am busy with all sorts of things right now. While I love to blog, write some words, post some demented drawings, complain about my lumbago, things are tight around here with no sign of loosening up.

Until I finish a vast pile of in-book sketches, I won't be taking on any new commissions. I will announce here when the floodgates can be safely opened once more.


Think of me over the next few weeks as I ship books, prepare for a big show in London (on the 29-30th of May) and weep bitter tears. In the meantime, here's my rejected design for the 2012 Olympic mascot.

8 comments:

Kat R said...

Man, I'm sad your mascot idea was rejected. That's a character people could really get behind! haha

get in here said...

I'd have voted for that character...

hat_eater said...

I wonder what makes this drawing instantly recognizable as work of John Allison.
Is it in the paws? The wobbly legs? The loopy smile? The wandering eyes? All of them together?

M. Greco said...

Just this morning I was wondering what if John Allison created (a better) Olympic mascot. Then I remembered his obsession with Mr. Blobby. Londi seems definitely more anarchic and fun-loving than Whoville and Mandelbrot!

Unknown said...

Is it a rat?

John A said...

I think he might be a weasel.

Martin said...

I can see why this design was rejected -- too many eyes. What the organizers wanted was a one-eyed monster. (That doesn't sound right, does it?)

Unknown said...

Just got the new book in the mail this weekend - I had no idea my SO has ordered it, so it was a pleasant surprise. I hope I will be able to order some t-shirts next time I get paid too. You rock, as always.